Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by cafe <rm...@estudiantes.uci.cu> on 2007/02/04 00:48:01 UTC

Transferring file in transactions?

I have an app where I need to transfer files (over 100 Mb) between a server
and client so I’m using the activeMQ’s Streams. On the other hand the files
can’t be persisted because there are many clients (over 100) and the sizes
of the files are too big so the DeliveryMode property is set to
NON_PERSISTEN.

Now the problem is how to ensure that when the connection is lost in the
middle of sending and receiving process the client and the server stay in a
save state.

Specifically:
If the server break down how the client get to know this and not remain
infinitely waiting?

Re: Transferring file in transactions?

Posted by tvijlbrief <to...@xs4all.nl>.

I wrote some software for this, have a look at http://www.v7f.eu/public/jms/