Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Jepse <in...@jepse.net> on 2011/02/02 11:21:04 UTC

SET Datatype

Hi,

is anybody familiar with the Mysql Datatype "Set"?
http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/articles/mysql-set-datatype.html

For some reason we stores Boolean values fields for flags in couple tables.
But with a huge entry size, we ran into the problem, that these flags are
not indexable. So we thought about moving to Bitmasks. This solution is 100%
indexable, but hard to use with cayenne. Does anybody knows how to select
Fields like following sql query?

SELECT * FROM set_test WHERE myset & 2;

Thanks
Philippe

Re: SET Datatype

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Haven't tried it, but I think SQLTemplate should handle it.

Andrus