Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2010/03/12 17:00:12 UTC

Google Summer of Code Startup

Its Google Summer of Code time again.  Below is the note from the good
crew running Apache participation.  If anyone wants to mentor or if
there are 'students' interested in an spending their summer hbase
hacking (for money!) write me off list.

Thanks,
St.Ack

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 10:18 PM, Cosmin Lehene <cl...@adobe.com> wrote:
> Awesome! I wanted to ask you about this the other day. Also, is there
> a way to determine interest for hbase support inside Google? I know
> there is something for hadoop.

J-D did ask Jeff Dean to come to the HUG9 down at Moziilla last week
but he had a previous appointment.  Maybe he'd know (smile)?

> Andrei Savu (he did a hbase presentation at wurbe when I did mine)
> does his internship at Adobe Romania :). He's working with HBase for
> something related to our work, right near us.

He could get paid by Google and Adobe for same work!

> I'm going to advertise the summer of code. Let's think if there is
> more that coupe be done in this direction!

I'd say that under Apache there'd be one or two slots only.  Its
usually oversubscribed.  I can mentor if needs be but fine if someone
else wants to do it (MIght be better since I kinda messed up our
application last year not submitting proper form on time).

St.Ack

Re: Google Summer of Code Startup

Posted by Cosmin Lehene <cl...@adobe.com>.
Awesome! I wanted to ask you about this the other day. Also, is there
a way to determine interest for hbase support inside Google? I know
there is something for hadoop.

Andrei Savu (he did a hbase presentation at wurbe when I did mine)
does his internship at Adobe Romania :). He's working with HBase for
something related to our work, right near us.

I'm going to advertise the summer of code. Let's think if there is
more that coupe be done in this direction!

Sent from my iPhone