Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk> on 2003/06/05 10:13:04 UTC

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/bean/helpers

> >>Found another one: Constants.DEFAULT_WORK_DIR is used by
> >>src/test/org/apache/cocoon/components/resolver/test/ResolverImplTest
> >>Ca se.java
>
> >I've moved the lot back. Obviously the comments that I based my move
> >upon were wrong!
> >

> Comments are not wrong... Those constants should be moved. Eventually.
> After 2.1 release, may be?

But what about the dependencies upon them that are outside the scope of the CLI?

Upayavira

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/bean/helpers

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.

> >So, would you move the contants into Main? Or the Bean and change all
> >references? Where should they go?
> >

> I would move those into CocoonBean as you did; but after 2.1 is
> released.

Why?

There only a few constants. Why shouldn't we move them now, and change the
references?

Upayavira

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/bean/helpers

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Upayavira wrote:

>>>But what about the dependencies upon them that are outside the scope
>>>of the CLI?
>>>

>>If you are referring to ResolverImplTestCase.java, then it *is* in
>>scope of CLI.
>>

>Haven't a clue what it does.
>

>>See source:
>>
>>    public void initialize() throws Exception {
>>        workDir = new File(System.getProperty("java.io.tmpdir"),
>>            Constants.DEFAULT_WORK_DIR);
>>        commandlineContextDir = new File(workDir.getAbsolutePath());
>>
>>Key word here is "commandlineContextDir" :)
>>

>So, would you move the contants into Main? Or the Bean and change all references?
>Where should they go?

I would move those into CocoonBean as you did; but after 2.1 is released.

Vadim

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/bean/helpers

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
> >But what about the dependencies upon them that are outside the scope
> >of the CLI?
>
> If you are referring to ResolverImplTestCase.java, then it *is* in
> scope of CLI.

Haven't a clue what it does.

> See source:
>
>     public void initialize() throws Exception {
>         workDir = new File(System.getProperty("java.io.tmpdir"),
>             Constants.DEFAULT_WORK_DIR);
>         commandlineContextDir = new File(workDir.getAbsolutePath());
>
> Key word here is "commandlineContextDir" :)

So, would you move the contants into Main? Or the Bean and change all references?
Where should they go?

Regards, Upayavira

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/bean/helpers

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Upayavira wrote:

>>>I've moved the lot back. Obviously the comments that I based my move
>>>upon were wrong!
>>>

>>Comments are not wrong... Those constants should be moved. Eventually.
>>After 2.1 release, may be?
>>

>But what about the dependencies upon them that are outside the scope of the CLI?

If you are referring to ResolverImplTestCase.java, then it *is* in scope
of CLI. See source: