Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Steve Blackmon <sb...@apache.org> on 2014/12/21 23:06:36 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Streams 0.1-incubating

This is the first incubator release for Apache Streams, with the artifacts
being versioned as 0.1-incubating.

We are requesting at least two additional IPMC member votes, as we have
received 1 binding IPMC +1 vote during the release voting on streams-dev.

VOTE:
http://markmail.org/thread/kbgr73ndhztwybsh
RESULT:
http://markmail.org/thread/fz53tiiqnadwyagg

IPMC member votes from the streams-dev list:
Matthew Franklin: +1

Git tag streams-project-0.1-incubating-rc1 (commit 8e561d6)
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-streams.git;a=commit;h=8e561d60bae3fb74baad05ed5a0d1be6631ceab1

Maven staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachestreams-1000

Source release:
http://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachestreams-1000/org/apache/streams/streams-project/0.1-incubating/streams-project-0.1-incubating-source-release.zip

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/sblackmon.asc

Vote open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Steve Blackmon
sblackmon@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Streams 0.1-incubating

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

-1 (binding) due to binary files in source release.

./runner/bundles/org.apache.felix.gogo.command_0.12.0.jar
./runner/bundles/org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime_0.10.0.jar
./runner/bundles/org.apache.felix.gogo.shell_0.10.0.jar
./runner/bundles/org.apache.felix.main_4.0.3.jar

But everything else looks good:
- hashes and MD5 fine
- DISCLAIMER exists
- artefact has incubating in file name
- LICENSE and NOTICE good
- No other binary files in source release
- All source code has correct headers
- Can compile from source

I do get some tests failing but that may be due to my environment.

Things you might way to change for next release:
- Update year in NOTICE file
- Add "apache" to the artefact name
- Have both a tar.gz and .zip source release

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Streams 0.1-incubating

Posted by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>.
On Tue Jan 13 2015 at 8:27:29 PM Steve Blackmon <st...@blackmon.org> wrote:

> I've cancelled the 0.1-rc1 vote, and I'm working to get a rc2 ready that
> can pass.
>
> The issue Ate raised about the DISCLAIMER is valid, but what I'm seeing is
> very strange.
>
> The jar artifacts generated in the target directories of the modules during
> the release:prepare step all have DISCLAIMER files.  The sources, javadoc,
> and test-jar archives often do, but not always.
>
> Every jar artifact generated underneath target/checkout during the
> release:perform step are missing DISCLAIMER files.
>
> The configuration of maven-source-plugin, maven-javadoc-plugin,
> and maven-jar-plugin derive solely from the project root pom, and I'm using
> the apache-release profile during both release commands.  So I'm confused
> as to why some modules get packaged with a DISCLAIMER and some don't during
> prepare, and why no modules get packaged with a DISCLAIMER during perform.
>
> If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.  I'll keep messing with
> poms and crossing my fingers.

I thought maven assembly needed to add the disclaimer to non-source jars...

Posted by Steve Blackmon <st...@blackmon.org>.

Posted by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>.

Fwd: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Streams 0.1-incubating

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
FYI.

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Could you send the [CANCEL] thread to officially kill this VOTE?