Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by viz06 <vi...@yahoo.com> on 2008/05/28 21:28:43 UTC

cnd definition: Versioning with reference

Can somebody help me with cnd definition for the following case

[nm:Doc] > mix:referenceable
- nm:name (string) mandatory
- nm:desc (string)

[nm:Content] > mix:versionable
- nm:data (binary) mandatory
- nm:mimeType (string) mandatory

for my case every nm:Doc has a nm:Content, which I can do as follows

[nm:Doc] > mix:referenceable
- nm:name (string) mandatory
- nm:desc (string)
+ (nm:Content)

but I also need that everytime I checkin nm:Content it should also capture
nm:Doc information.

If I make nm:Doc versionable then update of any nm:Doc property will create
a new version which I won't need.

I was thinking of referencing nm:Doc from nm:Content but don't know how to
do that and whether that is a solution to my problem.

Thanks

Re: cnd definition: Versioning with reference

Posted by viz06 <vi...@yahoo.com>.
To put it simply can I have a

nodeType A (mix:versionable) referring to nodeTypeB (mix:referenceable) so
that whenever I checkin (create new version) nodeTypeA it also stores the
nodeTypeB properties.

Can anybody confirm if this is achievable?

Thanks