Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by AshB <bi...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/28 05:58:06 UTC

Indexed=false for a field,but still able to search on field.

Hi,

I created a field as,expecting I won't be able to search on it

<field name="fileName" type="string" indexed="false" stored="true"/>.

But i am able to search on it.Sample query below

fileName:"ipgb20080916_1078.xml"

What is wrong here.I am not doing any copy of this field

Solrversion:6.5.1

Re: Indexed=false for a field,but still able to search on field.

Posted by Rick Leir <rl...@leirtech.com>.
Ashish,
Fast search depends on indexing the data. If it is not indexed, then the search becomes a full table scan which is much slower. Cheers -- Rick

Posted by Susheel Kumar <su...@gmail.com>.
 If you will apply seach on this field in the Solr Admin Panel, no
result found. But you can see this field on doc there.

#2 . Its searchable and can do faceting also.
>> Yes, correct but if you want to use it for searching, put indexed="true"
otherwise it will be full table scan search and will be slow.

Thnx

#2. Its searchable and can do faceting also.

Posted by AshB <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Is docValues enabled (this happens by default in some versions)? I
think I've seen this enable searching on a field.

If that's the root of the problem, let us know since it's trappy and
we should discuss this on the dev list.

Best,
Erick