Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Stanimir Todorov <st...@iguanait.com> on 2007/09/10 12:25:01 UTC

Insert Person Language And Nationality

Hi all,

I am a novice in Ofbiz. This is the best project :)

I have a question about Person. I need to put Person Language and Person
Nationality, but I don't find the way during creating a Person.
May be, this is good idea to add this functionality in Ofbiz entities
(Person) like fields Language and Nationality.

I am not sure if this is the right way?
I need of suggestion and I will be glad to help about this.

Thanks!

Re: Insert Person Language And Nationality

Posted by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com>.
Hi David,

Oh, yes! The PartyClassification is the best place for it.

PartyClassification already has comprehensive suite of CRUD services/functions done. In PartyMgr.

There are even some examples of its use. Like in Promos -> Rules. Also in the Marketing module.

Thanks!

 > If they aren't an OFBiz user then the language preference for application
 > interaction wouldn't matter

Still, it'll be useful and "standard practice" (in conformance with OFBiz data structures) to use
PartyClassification.

For the "language preference for user interaction with OFBiz app", I think that can still use
PartyClassification, unless a single Party uses multiple languages based on which UserLogin is
used for "interaction with OFBiz application".

PartyClassication will also allow us to attach multiple citizenships to a single Party. Also
possible are multiple language preferences, language abilities, and such, for a variety of
functions (eg marketing).

Jonathon

Posted by stodorov <st...@iguanait.com>.
Hi peoples, sorry for my late answer
Yes, partyClassificationGroup is a good opportunity. This is a easy way to
relate partyId with classificationGroups Nationality.
My point is that nationality is samothing like "this person is under
jurisdiction on this government in this country". This is important when
this person is visiting in other country. Example: I am Bulgarian I have a
problem, I will take this problem to Bulgarian embassy. This is the point. I
can take protection of delegation on Bulgarian government in visited
country. This model is enough for my needs and even more. Thanks for this
good advice and I will use this way :)

For language, I think to use partyAttribute may be. For me is important to
know what kind of language speak my guest because I have a need to
communicate with him.
But the better decision may be is creating entity for relationship between
Person and StandartLanguage. StandartLanguage exists in the data model. Only
is nesassary to extend the existing data model with entity PersonLanguage
for the relationship.

Thank you!

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

De : "Jonathon -- Improov" <jo...@improov.com>

Posted by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com>.

Posted by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com>.
Hmm. Then I think... citizenship might be better modeled with an entity like PartyCitizenship or
PersonCitizenship, where to primary key would be [partyId, citizenship]. Something like that.

It never occurred to me that a Person can have more than 1 citizenship! Thanks. :)

Jonathon

Posted by stodorov <st...@iguanait.com>.
yes, Jonathon.

Posted by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com>.