Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Alistair Hopkins <al...@berthengron.co.uk> on 2004/08/05 18:16:59 UTC

Properties files outside jars containing extensions

Hi,

I have written some extensions to jmeter which I want to distribute for use
in a normal jmeter tree.

They task is fairly convoluted, and I want some properties files which
control how they behave to be kept outside my jar file so the end user can
do the installation-level configuration.  However, I can't seem to do

Properties.load(this.getClass().getResourceAsStream("/myprops.properties");
//note - forward slash, should look in root of classpath

because of the way jmeter builds its custom classloader.

Can anyone suggest how I can access these files from my custom samplers /
visualizers?  Ideally, I would like them in bin/

Thanks,

Alistair
---