Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Malte Kempff <ke...@medicalcolumbus.de> on 2002/12/05 14:01:05 UTC

AW: Compression support in Apache SOAP

Hi Scott,
I have the trouble to send huge data through a soap-service. Right now I do
it via a Vector, but it is much to slow for a ISDN-Line, for instance.
Do I understand right, that using
SOAPContext ctx = new SOAPContext();
ctx.setGzip(true);
and put
<isd:option key="gzip" value="true"/>
to the deploy descripor
will automaticly compresses the soap message on the server site and
decrompresses it on the client?
or does this work only by compressing and decompressing data programmaticly?

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
The instructions for installing SOAP with Tomcat 4.0 are at
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/xml-soap/java/docs/install/
tomcat.html?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/html.

Scott Nichol

Posted by li xu <xw...@yahoo.com>.
Hi, everybody,

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

A problem with Apache SOAP 2.3 + Tomcat 4.0

Re: Compression support in Apache SOAP

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
If you do ctx.setGzip(true) on the client, it will do gzip on the
payload the client is sending.  The server will automatically uncompress
it.  With the gzip=true in the deployment descriptor, the server will
gzip the payload it sends to the client, assuming the client has sent
Accept-Encoding: gzip in the request, which the latest Apache SOAP
client does.  The client will automatically uncompress without doing
anything via SOAPContext.

Scott Nichol