Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Andrey Shulinsky <as...@arnoldworldwide.ca> on 2005/02/09 17:55:55 UTC

Line breaks in properties

Hi there!

Here's the case. When I save a property like this:

descriptor.setProperty(
	new NodeProperty(propertyName, propertyValue, propertyNamespace));

where a descriptor is an instance of the NodeRevisionDescriptor class and a
propertyValue is a String object that contains line breaks, then in XML file
descriptor (we use the standard TxXMLFileDescriptorsStore, Slide 2.0
Release) the value of the property is correct, i.e., contains line breaks.
But when I retrieve the property value as String:

String value =
descriptor.getProperty(propertyName,namespace).getValue().toString();

it doesn't contain line breaks. For the time being the workaround is to use
the URLEncoder/URLDecoder classes. I wonder if the problem can be solved
just by means of Slide API.

Any help is really appreciated.

Yours sincerely,
Andrey.