Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Dan Adams <da...@ifactory.com> on 2006/02/21 18:31:13 UTC

generating component documentation

I know someone mentioned something about this being worked on a while
ago, but is there a good way to generate html docs for T4 components?

--
Dan Adams
Software Engineer

Re: generating component documentation

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Ack, I almost forgot to reply as well. Looking very good!

It would be nice to make some of the component docs more automated again.
This is definitely not something we should have to maintain by hand. (hence
the long road towards tap4 comp docs )

As long as we can find a way to make it read in annotations/etc it seems
like there'd be a way to make it work. right?

Posted by liigo <li...@hotpop.com>.
well work, thanks!

在 Thu, 23 Feb 2006 19:24:04 +0800,Norbert Sándor <de...@erinors.com>
写道:

> Hi,
>
> Some people have been interested in tapdoc, so I've managed to have some
> time to work on it. Now it is working with the final Tapestry 4, a
> sample output is at
> http://www.erinors.com/product/tapdoc/sample/index.html .
>
> The following things are on my TODO list before I will release it:
> - an optional javadoc-like layout (with a 3-part frameset: libraries,
> components, documentation per frame)
> - allowing hyperlinks in descriptions, like linking to another
> component, library or Java class
> - an optional ComponentName.tapdoc.xml file which contains additional
> documentation for the component: see-also section, visual sample,
> examples, etc.
> - extract description of annotated parameter definitions (@Parameter)
> from the javadoc of the parameter getter/setter (using qdox)
> - Ant task for the generator
>
> If you have any ideas please let me know. As I can now see, in the next
> 1-2 weeks I will have enough spare time to finish it (the core is
> already finished).
>
> But now I go to the mountains, see you on Monday ;)
>
> Regards,
> Norbi
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jesse Kuhnert" <jk...@gmail.com>

17.

Re: generating component documentation

Posted by Norbert Sándor <de...@erinors.com>.
I continously plan to upgrade it to tap4 but I have so few spare time :(((
I have made some progress with annotations and tap4 but it is not committed
yet.

Regards,
Norbi

Norbert Sandor had something a while back for t3, but I don't think it's
been updated for T4.

It was very nice, allowing for auto generated normal docs based on the spec
file, including an optional "detailed" version for examples and such.

I think anything new would have to take annotations into account as well
though.

On 2/21/06, Dan Adams <da...@ifactory.com> wrote:

> I know someone mentioned something about this being worked on a while
> ago, but is there a good way to generate html docs for T4 components?
>
> --
> Dan Adams
> Software Engineer
> Interactive Factory