Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com> on 2003/05/08 19:50:29 UTC

Re: [ANN] James v2.1.3a2 posted

Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> James v2.1.3a2 is posted for testing.  This test build contains the
> following changes compared to James v2.1.2 Release:
>
>  Added enforcement of proper RFC 2821 #2.3.7 handling of CR and LF
>  Corrected text/html and multipart handling for AddFooter
>  Fixed MimeMessageWrapper to address a JavaMail issue introduced in v2.1.2
>  Corrected allowable characters for localpart of address
>  Removed generated files from source distributions
>  Corrrected handling of NNTP messages to avoid character encoding issues
>  Fixed James.getId bug
>  Added NNTP linecounting support
>  Fixed bug 18726 (optional socket factory to specify outgoing bind address)
>  Fixed bug 19418 (changed notify/wait code in spooler)
>
> James v2.1.3a2 is available from
> http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-james/latest/.  Please test and
> report any problems ASAP.

Noel,

Are you recording these changes anywhere for the website?

--
Serge Knystautas
President

RE: [ANN] James v2.1.3a2 posted

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
>> http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?JamesV2/Plans
>> Plus src/xdocs/changes.xml, although not on this last test build.

> We're on a4 at this point, but I don't see any breakdowns for what each
> of these releases have.  Is this just all in a not-yet released 2.1.3?

Unreleased 2.1.3, although I'd like to get 2.1.3 voted, released and tagged
very soon.

Is this a problem?  I generate a pretty massive Changelog using cvs2cl, but
I've tried to pair it down to the essentials for posting so as not to be
confusing.  We haven't been tagging the "a" builds, but I'd considered them
"nightly" test builds rather than *any* kind of release.

> I guess I'm confused since v2.2, v2.1.2, and v2.1.3 are all "planned"
> changed.

OK, I see what confused you.  I have fixed the Wiki to show that v2.1.2 is
released, not planned.  v2.1.3 is still planned for release and v2.2.0 is
what I thought would come next, since Danny has been saying that he wants to
add his class loader changes, and I'll put in the new DNS server changes,
which are more features bug fix.

	--- Noel

Re: [ANN] James v2.1.3a2 posted

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.