Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by "KARR, DAVID" <dk...@att.com> on 2017/09/28 15:53:37 UTC

Get "Too may authentication failures" connecting to local karaf 3.0.1 instance

I have to make some changes to some old legacy code, which uses Karaf 3.0.1.  I have some issues configuring it, which I'm covering in other threads, but I'm also having trouble connecting to the local instance using ssh.

When I start it with just "bin/karaf" from a Windows cmd shell, and then "ssh -p8101 karaf@localhost" (after configuring ~/.ssh/config with some obsolete ssh algorithms that karaf 3.0.1 is using), I get this output:

--------------------
Authenticated with partial success.
Authenticated with partial success.
Authenticated with partial success.
Authenticated with partial success.
Authenticated with partial success.
Authenticated with partial success.
Authenticated with partial success.
Authenticated with partial success.
Authenticated with partial success.
Authenticated with partial success.
Authenticated with partial success.
Authenticated with partial success.
Authenticated with partial success.
Authenticated with partial success.
Authenticated with partial success.
Authenticated with partial success.
Authenticated with partial success.
Authenticated with partial success.
Authenticated with partial success.
Authenticated with partial success.
Authenticated with partial success.
Received disconnect from 127.0.0.1 port 8101:2: Too may authentication failures
Connection to localhost closed by remote host.
Connection to localhost closed.

Yes, the "may" in the title was not a typo (not mine, at least).  Any idea what might be going on here?