Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Richard Keene <ri...@asgnetwork.com> on 2003/01/28 02:33:23 UTC

Help with ant build of Torque files.

I got the latest Torque to try out.  When I run the build script,
build-torque.xml, I get...
WEB-INF/build-torque.xml [75] taskdef class
org.apache.torque.task.TorqueDataModelTask cannot be found

I have tried lots with the classpath and extensively studied the
build-torque.xml file.

At the  lines
   <taskdef
     name="torque-data-model"
     classpathref="torque-classpath"
     classname="org.apache.torque.task.TorqueDataModelTask"/>

is where it fails.

I tried
   <taskdef
     name="torque-data-model"
     classpath="lib"
     classname="org.apache.torque.task.TorqueDataModelTask"/>

and
   <taskdef
     name="torque-data-model"
     classpath="C:/ProjManager/WEB-INF/lib"
     classname="org.apache.torque.task.TorqueDataModelTask"/>

And als tried the above with the torque-3.0-rc2.jar file unpacked in the
lib directory.  I also tried running with ant external to NetBeans IDE.

HELP!

(I have a senior manager breathing down by neck on this one...)
--
Richard Keene
richard@asgnetworks.com

Re: Help with ant build of Torque files.

Posted by Felix Sima <fe...@medialab.sissa.it>.
Hello, Richard.

I had the same problem,  and I found the following "solution":
I included into system CLASSPATH the *ant.jar* from Ant1.5, but I run
*ant* from a previous version ( Ant1.2 ) and .... it worked.

Try it.  :)

I hope you'll get rid of your problem.

Felix

Posted by Richard Keene <ri...@asgnetwork.com>.
And now for the hidden error of the month....
It turns out that if you run ant with -v then much more stack trace is
put out.  Turns out that the
real and hidden error is...
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/velocity/texen/ant/TexenTask
!!!!!!!!

Richard Keene wrote:

> Turns out the Ant has changed in how it uses classpath.  Here is a
> quote from the WhatsNew file...
>
> * The Classloader usage has been changed for the taskdef, property,
> available
>  and sql tasks so that it delegates to the parent classloader. This
> may cause
>  ClassNotFoundExceptions to be thrown if a system class attempts to
> load a
>  class in the taskdef's classpath (typically factory objects).
>
> Which is exactly what I am seeing. :-(
> Now I need to figure out how to work around this.  I may have to add
> the .jar's to the CLASSPATH
> on my machine.
>
> Richard Keene wrote:
>
>> I got the latest Torque to try out.  When I run the build script,
>> build-torque.xml, I get...
>> WEB-INF/build-torque.xml [75] taskdef class
>> org.apache.torque.task.TorqueDataModelTask cannot be found
>>
>> I have tried lots with the classpath and extensively studied the
>> build-torque.xml file.
>>
>> At the  lines
>>   <taskdef
>>     name="torque-data-model"
>>     classpathref="torque-classpath"
>>     classname="org.apache.torque.task.TorqueDataModelTask"/>
>>
>> is where it fails.
>>
>> I tried
>>   <taskdef
>>     name="torque-data-model"
>>     classpath="lib"
>>     classname="org.apache.torque.task.TorqueDataModelTask"/>
>>
>> and
>>   <taskdef
>>     name="torque-data-model"
>>     classpath="C:/ProjManager/WEB-INF/lib"
>>     classname="org.apache.torque.task.TorqueDataModelTask"/>
>>
>> And als tried the above with the torque-3.0-rc2.jar file unpacked in
>> the lib directory.  I also tried running with ant external to
>> NetBeans IDE.
>>
>> HELP!
>>
>> (I have a senior manager breathing down by neck on this one...)

--
Richard Keene
801-647-8932

Posted by Richard Keene <ri...@asgnetwork.com>.

Posted by Jeremy Aston <je...@yahoo.co.uk>.
or Krysalis Centipede ;-)

http://uk.my.yahoo.com

RE: Help with ant build of Torque files.

Posted by Quinton McCombs <qm...@nequalsone.com>.
Use maven to build Torque.