Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Cindy Ballreich <ci...@ballreich.net> on 2002/07/11 23:54:22 UTC

RedirectMatch question

I'm using Apache 1.3.26 (from source) on RedHat 7.3.

I have a VirtualHost setup for one of our domains. I would like to redirect *all* requests made to this domain to a particular page on another domain. I'd like to completely throw out the original url and just use the new one.
It looks something like this in httpd.conf...

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerName www.domainone.com
    RedirectMatch permanent .* http://www.domaintwo.com/directory/page.html
</VirtualHost>

Obviously, I'm misunderstanding something because when I enter something like http://www.domainone.com/foo/bar.html I get http://www.domaintwo.com/directory/page.htmlfoo/bar.html which of course doesn't exist and gives a 404 error.

According to http://httpd.apache.org/docs/urlmapping.html#redirect this should be correct.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could point out what I'm doing wrong here.

Thanks

Cindy