Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ajay Patel <ap...@officebeacon.com> on 2014/04/01 07:17:04 UTC

Re: Product index schema for solr

as per your suggestion my final schema will be like
{
     id:<unique_id>
     [PRODUCT RELATED DATAS]
     min_qty: 1
     max_qty: 50
     price: 4
}
[OTHER SAME LIKE ABOVE DATA]

now i want to create range facet field by combing min_qty and max_qty.

i hope you have understood what i want to say :).
thanks a lot in adavance :)

Thanks & Regards
Ajay Patel.

Posted by Ajay Patel <ap...@officebeacon.com>.
i am posting this question again.

On Tuesday 01 April 2014 10:47 AM, Ajay Patel wrote:
> as per your suggestion my final schema will be like
> {
>     id:<unique_id>
>     [PRODUCT RELATED DATAS]
>     min_qty: 1
>     max_qty: 50
>     price: 4
> }
> [OTHER SAME LIKE ABOVE DATA]
>

> now i want to create range facet field by combing min_qty and max_qty.
>
> i hope you have understood what i want to say :).
> thanks a lot in adavance :)
>

> Thanks & Regards
> Ajay Patel.
>

> On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 8:42 AM, Ajay Patel <ap...@officebeacon.com>
> wrote:
>>> On Monday 31 March 2014 06:07 PM, Erick Erickson wrote:
>>>
>>> What do you mean by "generalized range facet"? How would
>>> they differ from standard range faceting? Details are important...
>>>
>>> Best.
>>> Erick
>>>
>>> On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 7:44 AM, Ajay Patel
>>> <ap...@officebeacon.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Erick
>>> Thank for the reply :). your solution help me to denormalize my
>>> data. now i
>>> have one another question can i create a generalize range facet
>>> according to
>>> min_qty and max_qty?
>>>
>>> Thanks & Regards
>>> Ajay Patel.
>>>

>>> On Saturday 29 March 2014 08:54 PM, Erick Erickson wrote:
>>>
>>> The usual approach is to de-normalize the tables, so you'd store
>>> docs like
>>> (all your product data) min_qty, max_qty, price_per_qty
>>>
>>> So the above example would have 4 documents, then it all "just works"
>>>
>>> You have to insure that the id (<uniqueKey>) is different for each, and
>>> probably store the product ID in a field other than "id" for this
>>> reason.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Erick
>>>
>>> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 10:27 AM, Ajay Patel <ap...@officebeacon.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Solr user & developers.
>>>
>>> i am new in the world of solr search engine. i have a complex product
>>> database structure in postgres.
>>>
>>> Product has many product_quantity_price attrbutes in range
>>>
>>> For e.g Product iD 1 price range is stored in product_quantity_price
>>> table in following manner.
>>>
>>> min_qty max_qty price_per_qty
>>> 1            50        4
>>> 51          100      3.5
>>> 101        150        3

Posted by Ajay Patel <ap...@officebeacon.com>.
As per your suggestion my final schema will be like
{
     id:<unique_id>
     [PRODUCT RELATED DATAS]
     min_qty: 1
     max_qty: 50
     price: 4
}
[OTHER SAME LIKE ABOVE DATA]

now i want to create range facet field by combing min_qty and max_qty.

i hope you have understood what i want to say :).
thanks a lot in adavance :)

Thanks & Regards
Ajay Patel.

> On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 8:42 AM, Ajay Patel <ap...@officebeacon.com>
> wrote:
>>> On Monday 31 March 2014 06:07 PM, Erick Erickson wrote:
>>>
>>> What do you mean by "generalized range facet"? How would
>>> they differ from standard range faceting? Details are important...
>>>
>>> Best.
>>> Erick
>>>
>>> On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 7:44 AM, Ajay Patel
>>> <ap...@officebeacon.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Erick
>>> Thank for the reply :). your solution help me to denormalize my
>>> data. now i
>>> have one another question can i create a generalize range facet
>>> according to
>>> min_qty and max_qty?
>>>
>>> Thanks & Regards
>>> Ajay Patel.
>>>

>>> On Saturday 29 March 2014 08:54 PM, Erick Erickson wrote:
>>>
>>> The usual approach is to de-normalize the tables, so you'd store
>>> docs like
>>> (all your product data) min_qty, max_qty, price_per_qty
>>>
>>> So the above example would have 4 documents, then it all "just works"
>>>
>>> You have to insure that the id (<uniqueKey>) is different for each, and
>>> probably store the product ID in a field other than "id" for this
>>> reason.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Erick
>>>
>>> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 10:27 AM, Ajay Patel <ap...@officebeacon.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Solr user & developers.
>>>
>>> i am new in the world of solr search engine. i have a complex product
>>> database structure in postgres.
>>>
>>> Product has many product_quantity_price attrbutes in range
>>>
>>> For e.g Product iD 1 price range is stored in product_quantity_price
>>> table in following manner.
>>>
>>> min_qty max_qty price_per_qty
>>> 1            50        4
>>> 51          100      3.5