Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Peter Nitschke <em...@ace.net.au> on 2008/10/20 18:56:08 UTC

Re[2]: [Off] Style of this List?

I find it a bit weird that hitting Reply (for me), just goes to the
original author.  Reply-to-all goes first to the original author and then
to the list.

So to be polite, I need to select Reply-to-all, then manually delete the
original authors address from the To: field.

While I don't use a lot of lists, this is the only one with such behaviour.

Is it intentional, and if so, then why?

Or is it just my mail client?

Curious.

Peter

Re: [Off] Style of this List?

Posted by Martin Gregorie <ma...@gregorie.org>.
On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 10:05 +0200, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

> There's Reply-to-list extension for thunderbird, maybe you could use that
> one.

That's standard in Evolution as well - look under 'Message' on the menu
bar.

Martin

Re: [Off] Style of this List?

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.

On 20.10.08 20:57, Ned Slider wrote:
> In Thunderbird, I have a Reply All button... never had a problem using
> that either! Using Reply is nonsensical as it doesn't reply to the list.

There's Reply-to-list extension for thunderbird, maybe you could use that
one.

I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Re: [Off] Style of this List?

Posted by Ned Slider <ne...@unixmail.co.uk>.
Benny Pedersen wrote:
> On Mon, October 20, 2008 18:56, Peter Nitschke wrote:
>> So to be polite, I need to select Reply-to-all, then manually delete the
>> original authors address from the To: field.
>
> in squirrelmail i have
> Mailing List: Help | Unsubscribe | Post to List | Reply to List
>
> newer had a problem using it

In Thunderbird, I have a Reply All button... never had a problem using
that either! Using Reply is nonsensical as it doesn't reply to the list.

I'm sure you had a point, I'm just not sure anyone is listening any more :-)

Re: Re[2]: [Off] Style of this List?

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.org>.