Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Sylbert L <sy...@geodesiconline.com> on 2002/07/22 15:04:42 UTC

books/resources ?

Hi,

Can anyone suggest some good reading material or some resources that could
help me out with modifying apache code / developing an apache module? So far
I've been trying to understand whats going on by reading the code itself &
it seems to be taking rather long. So i'd really appreciate it if anyone
could suggest a faster way to understanding how apache actually works ..
thanks

Re: books/resources ?

Posted by Daniel Lopez <da...@rawbyte.com>.
On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 06:04:42AM -0700, Sylbert L wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone suggest some good reading material or some resources that could
> help me out with modifying apache code / developing an apache module? So far
> I've been trying to understand whats going on by reading the code itself &
> it seems to be taking rather long. So i'd really appreciate it if anyone
> could suggest a faster way to understanding how apache actually works ..
> thanks

On-line docs
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/developer/

For Apache 2, Ryan Bloom's covers architecture and some development

For 1.3 I would recommend Doug MacEachern's:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/156592567X/

Daniel

--
Teach Yourself Apache 2 -- http://apacheworld.org/ty24/