Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Chalcy Raja <Ch...@careerbuilder.com> on 2012/02/24 17:49:50 UTC

central flume agent to collect from multiple Dirs

Hi,

We are planning to use windows flume agent to tailDir from many windows server logs and push the logs to collectors.  I tried this with 3 server logs running one agent.  Only one or two server logs are getting picked up.

Anybody has tried flume with this above option?  Is this not similar to running one agent to collect different logs from one server?

Thanks,
Chalcy

Re: central flume agent to collect from multiple Dirs

Posted by alo alt <wg...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

please post the flume config, usually tailDir is watching a whole directory and send the content to the collector. If the logfile has not content, nothing will be send.

- Alex

--
Alexander Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com