Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ananda Chaudhuri <me...@hotmail.com> on 2002/08/12 01:57:29 UTC

Message Reources Question

Hi All,

I am working with 1.1b and wanted to make the message resources work.

In the struts-config file I have this line:

<message-resources parameter="MediaManiaMessageResources" null="false" />

This uses tiles so in header.jsp i have 1 line:

Mediamania<html:image srcKey="image.mediamanialogo" />

In the MediaManiaResources.properties file which I have kept in WEB-INF/classes I have:

image.mediamanialogo = img/mediamania-logo.gif and this file in img directory which is directly under the application root directory.

When I load the index.jsp I can see header.jsp loading since I can see the text in front of the image but I cannot get the image to display.

I  thought I would find answer to my    question in mail-archive but didnt.

Would anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Anand

---

Re: Message Reources Question - typo correction

Posted by Ananda Chaudhuri <me...@hotmail.com>.
In the struts-config file I have this line:

<message-resources parameter="MediaManiaResources" null="false" />

sorry for the typo

Posted by Patrick Refondini <pa...@jpnet.ch>.
Ananda Chaudhuri wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am working with 1.1b and wanted to make the message resources work.
>
> In the struts-config file I have this line:
>
> <message-resources parameter="MediaManiaMessageResources" null="false" />
>
> This uses tiles so in header.jsp i have 1 line:
>
> Mediamania<html:image srcKey="image.mediamanialogo" />
>
> In the MediaManiaResources.properties file which I have kept in WEB-INF/classes I have:
>
> image.mediamanialogo = img/mediamania-logo.gif and this file in img directory which is directly under the application root directory.
>
> When I load the index.jsp I can see header.jsp loading since I can see the text in front of the image but I cannot get the image to display.
>
> I  thought I would find answer to my    question in mail-archive but didnt.
>
> Would anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong?
>
> Thanks
>
> Anand
>

> ---

Maybe specifying the bundle will help, I never used it myself but it
should look like:

	srcKey="image.mediamanialogo"
	bundle="MediaManiaMessageResources" />

I found it in the doc: