Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Russell Castagnaro <ru...@synctank.com> on 2000/01/26 10:15:17 UTC

Some help with a strange error

When I access an xml file I get the following error.

Does anyone know what directory it is that it is trying to write to?

I've tried changing the 'processor.xsp.repository' value, but even after
restarting the server, this doesn't change ??

Any Ideas?

I'm using Solaris, JDK 1.2.1 and the Zeus Webserver with Jserv 1.0

Thanks
Cocoon 1.6

                                                 Publishing Engine could
not be initialized.

      java.lang.RuntimeException: Can't create store repository:
/./repository. Make sure it's there or you have writing permissions.
              at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
              at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
              at java.lang.Throwable.(Compiled Code)
              at java.lang.Exception.(Exception.java:42)
              at java.lang.RuntimeException.(RuntimeException.java:47)
              at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.init(Compiled Code)
              at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Compiled
Code)
              at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Router.init(Compiled Code)
              at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Compiled
Code)
              at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.(Engine.java:160)
              at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.getInstance(Engine.java:195)
              at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Cocoon.java:119)
              at
org.apache.jserv.JServServletManager.load_init(JServServletManager.java:478)

              at
org.apache.jserv.JServServletManager.loadServlet(JServServletManager.java:397)

              at
org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnection.java:287)

              at
org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java:197)
              at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:485)

--

Russell Castagnaro
Chief Mentor

Earth is the cradle of mankind; one does not remain in the cradle
forever
-Tsiolkovsky

Re: Some help with a strange error

Posted by Liu Zehua <li...@21cn.com>.
> When I access an xml file I get the following error.
>
> Does anyone know what directory it is that it is trying to write to?
>
> I've tried changing the 'processor.xsp.repository' value, but even after
> restarting the server, this doesn't change ??
>
> Any Ideas?
>
> I'm using Solaris, JDK 1.2.1 and the Zeus Webserver with Jserv 1.0
>
> Thanks
> Cocoon 1.6
Inside the configuration file, set processor.xsp.repository to
anywhere you have write access.
processor.xsp.repository = /path/to/repository

Posted by Russell Castagnaro <ru...@synctank.com>.
Thanks everybody!  I got it working

Posted by Mike Engelhart <me...@earthtrip.com>.