Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Abraham Liu <Ab...@acsfss.com> on 2001/05/02 21:58:34 UTC

RE: back button

Hi greg,
Thank you for a wondful idea.
ABe liu

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Chakmakian [mailto:gregchak@mac.com]
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2001 2:23 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org; mwollenhaupt@web.de
Subject: RE: back button

You can also trick it with some JavaScript.  When the user goes back check
to see if there is anything in the browser's forward history (i.e.
history(1) or something like that, I don't remember the exact syntax).  If
there is something in the forward history then just do a
location.href="someurl.jsp" redirect to the page you want them to go to.
That might be a work-around.  Total speculation here because I've never
tried this before, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

-greg

Posted by Greg Chakmakian <gr...@mac.com>.
My pleasure.  I'm glad that experience came back to help someone out.

-greg