Posted to imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/06 01:25:10 UTC

[VOTE] Retire the Imperius Podling

All,
We seem to have a consensus that it is time to retire the Imperius Podling.

Although the Apache Imperius project was successful in building an SPL implementation and had a successful release, there is not sufficient community energy to warrant continued development of Imperius at the Apache Software Foundation.

I believe it is time to suspend development of the Imperius project at the Apache Incubator. The Incubator status for this state is "retired" or "dormant".

Please cast your vote:

   [ ] +1 to retire the Imperius project
   [ ]  0 for Don't care
   [ ] -1 for No, please keep it alive (please provide arguments why)

I'll leave this vote open for a minimum of 72 hours.

I would like to note that this in no way reflects on the quality of the Imperius software codebase or the past actions of the Imperius community. It is simply an acknowledgement that we do not have sufficient community involvement to keep the Imperius project going.

--kevan

Re: [VOTE] Retire the Imperius Podling

Posted by Craig L Russell <cr...@oracle.com>.
+1

Craig

On May 5, 2011, at 6:25 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> All,
> We seem to have a consensus that it is time to retire the Imperius
> Podling.
>
> Although the Apache Imperius project was successful in building an
> SPL implementation and had a successful release, there is not
> sufficient community energy to warrant continued development of
> Imperius at the Apache Software Foundation.
>
> I believe it is time to suspend development of the Imperius project
> at the Apache Incubator. The Incubator status for this state is
> "retired" or "dormant".
>
> Please cast your vote:
>
>   [ ] +1 to retire the Imperius project
>   [ ]  0 for Don't care
>   [ ] -1 for No, please keep it alive (please provide arguments why)
>
> I'll leave this vote open for a minimum of 72 hours.
>
> I would like to note that this in no way reflects on the quality of
> the Imperius software codebase or the past actions of the Imperius
> community. It is simply an acknowledgement that we do not have
> sufficient community involvement to keep the Imperius project going.
>
> --kevan

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@oracle.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: [VOTE] Retire the Imperius Podling

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
Here's my +1

--kevan

Fwd: [VOTE] Retire the Imperius Podling

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
FYI. A vote has been started on the Imperius dev list to retire the Imperius podling.

--kevan

Begin forwarded message:

Posted by Neeraj Joshi <jn...@us.ibm.com>.
+1
Live by design, not by accident.

Neeraj Joshi (knee-rudge)
WebSphere XD - Compute Grid
AIM, IBM
Apache Imperius - http://incubator.apache.org/imperius

From:
Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>
To:
imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org
Date:
05/05/2011 09:25 PM
Subject:

[RESULT][VOTE] Retire the Imperius Podling

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
This vote passes with 6 +1 votes and no others.

Thanks all. Will start a vote to general@incubator.

Posted by David L Kaminsky <dl...@us.ibm.com>.
+1

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |David Wood/Watson/IBM@IBMUS                                                                                                             |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org                                                                                                       |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |05/06/2011 07:58 AM                                                                                                                     |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |Re: [VOTE] Retire the Imperius Podling                                                                                                  |

+1

David Wood
Computing Systems for Wireless Networks
IBM TJ Watson Research Center
dawood@us.ibm.com
914-784-5123 (office), 914-396-6515 (mobile)

Posted by Mark Carlson <ma...@oracle.com>.
+1

-- mark