Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com> on 2008/06/18 01:06:47 UTC

Problem with Maven Daisy plug-in

Hi,

I tried to publish my screencast on RCL and stuck at the point that I have no idea how to proceed
from. Basically, I added flash file using MultiMediaObject as document type. Then created the whole
infrastructure like page including the uploaded flash file, added to navigation files, etc.

However the result I've got is far from being expected, you can see it for you own here:
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/nightly-docs/2.2/1448_1_1.html

Notice in the source code that there is a XML for included document that has not been transformed
into HTML. Does it mean that our plug-in fails to handle MultiMediaObjects?

If so how hard would it be to fix it?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski

Re: Problem with Maven Daisy plug-in

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com>.
Reinhard Pötz pisze:

>> If so how hard would it be to fix it?
>
> You will have to extend
> trunk\tools\cocoon-daisy-export-strategy\src\main\java\org\apache\cocoon\tools\maven\daisy\export\strategy\CocoonExportStrategy.java
>  and
> trunk\tools\cocoon-daisy-export-strategy\src\main\resources\org\apache\cocoon\tools\maven\daisy\export\strategy\cocoon-doc-2-xdoc.xslt
> so that they support MultiMediaObjects.

I'll have a look at this.

> Maybe it would be easier to publish the screencast on e.g. Youtube.
> However, I'm not sure if the necessary HTML snippet can be stored in a
> document that is edited by the Daisy HTML editor without getting removed
> by the HTMLCleaner.

Youtube is not a good hosting as it does not allow uploading flash files but only movies that are
transformed into swf afterwards. There are probably other hosting sites that are better suited to
our purposes but I wonder if it's a good idea to have our content stored externally.

I have been willing to have a look at Daisy export plug-in for a long time now so I think it's
perfect occasion now.

In the long term I would like to upgrade our Daisy installation to 2.2 so I'll need to touch Daisy
export plug-in anyway.

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@apache.org>.
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to publish my screencast on RCL and stuck at the point that I
> have no idea how to proceed from. Basically, I added flash file using
> MultiMediaObject as document type. Then created the whole infrastructure
> like page including the uploaded flash file, added to navigation files,
> etc.
>
> However the result I've got is far from being expected, you can see it
> for you own here:
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/nightly-docs/2.2/1448_1_1.html
>
> Notice in the source code that there is a XML for included document that
> has not been transformed into HTML. Does it mean that our plug-in fails
> to handle MultiMediaObjects?

yes