Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Eric Scott <er...@att.net> on 2011/12/28 19:41:09 UTC

Fuseki directory structure

I'm playing with Fuseki, and I have a question about the purpose of the
./pages-publish directory.

It would seem that one can invoke fuseki-server, and the server will
automatically serve content held in the ./pages-update directory. Many
of the pages contained in that directory by default also have namesakes
in ./pages-publish, but editing ./pages-publish has no effect on what
the server provides as far as I can tell.

So what purpose, if any, does ./pages-publish serve?

Also, is the location of  html/jsp/etc content referenced by the server
configurable? If so, how?

Thanks,

Re: Fuseki directory structure

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
Eric,

Some checking reveals that Fuseki always uses the pages-publish/
directory currently.  This is crude kludge to mean a configuration file
of a mix of read-only and updateable datasets will work (and then only
if it uses the right service names).

The generation of pages needs rewriting so it works with the config
file.  The kludge made something work at the time ... then the release
work started and this got elbowed out.

It's

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JENA-113

	Andy

PS the current development version, used with TDB, is properly
transactional.

Posted by Eric Scott <er...@att.net>.

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.