Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@d-haven.org> on 2003/09/04 19:11:25 UTC

maven.test.dest not always available

Is this a bug or what?

I want to post-process the compiled tests to generate meta info,
however under some circumstances "maven.test.dest" is not set.
As a result any files referenced to that variable are off.

For example:

No test sources -> variable not set (maven.test.dest = '')
No concrete tests -> variable not set (maven.test.dest = '')
At least one concrete test -> variable set (maven.test.dest = 'target/test-classes')

What's going on?

It's not like I can borrow the test for whether there is anything
to compile for the testcases.  Somehow, some way, the variable gets
UNSET if there are no valid test cases--but there are other classes
in the test location.

I have some modules that are getting off the ground, so testcases
are still being written.  In one case, I have an abstract test,
but no concrete tests yet.  The problem is that the variable that
I am sending the meta data to is not set.  The abstract tests
were compiled to the expected location, but outside of the
maven-test plugin, the variable was unset.

What is the safest way to tell if it is ok to generate my meta info
or not?

Re: maven.test.dest not always available

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@d-haven.org>.
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Is this a bug or what?
>
> I want to post-process the compiled tests to generate meta info,
> however under some circumstances "maven.test.dest" is not set.
> As a result any files referenced to that variable are off.
>
> For example:
>
> No test sources -> variable not set (maven.test.dest = '')
> No concrete tests -> variable not set (maven.test.dest = '')
> At least one concrete test -> variable set (maven.test.dest =
> 'target/test-classes')
>
> What's going on?
>
> It's not like I can borrow the test for whether there is anything
> to compile for the testcases.  Somehow, some way, the variable gets
> UNSET if there are no valid test cases--but there are other classes
> in the test location.
>
> I have some modules that are getting off the ground, so testcases
> are still being written.  In one case, I have an abstract test,
> but no concrete tests yet.  The problem is that the variable that
> I am sending the meta data to is not set.  The abstract tests
> were compiled to the expected location, but outside of the
> maven-test plugin, the variable was unset.
>
> What is the safest way to tell if it is ok to generate my meta info
> or not?

I found out that I can work around it like this:

<j:if test="${ ! empty maven.test.dest }"/>

But it does seem somewhat counter-intuitive.