Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> on 2005/06/09 11:39:53 UTC

i18n the URL Space (Re: more locationmap questions)

Ross Gardler wrote:
> Tim Williams wrote:
>
>> The way I understand it we're not depending on LinkRewriterTransformer
>> to resolve "lm" links so I don't understand why adding it to it's
>> schemes could help?

> See the demo for the locationmap in fresh-site (locationmap branch
> obviously). There is an example of link rewriting too

> we should recognise that it
> duplicates the site: and ext: functionality. Perhaps we will deprecate
> site: and ext:, perhaps we will remove lm rewriting.

Correction, lm rewriting does not duplicate the ext: protocol, not the
site: protocol. It is completely different in both cases...

ext: replaces the link with a full URL

site: replaces a link with one resolved from site.xml

lm: replaces a link with a potentially unrelated one i.e.
documentation.html -> unterlagen.html (I hope Google translate isn't
making a fool of me)

This is a really interesting use case, it means that we can actually
i18n the URL space - cool!!!

Ross