Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by ahmad ajiloo <ah...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/14 05:27:25 UTC

How to serach on specific file types ?

Hello
I want to search on articles via Solr. So need to find only specific files
like doc, docx, and pdf.
I don't need any html pages. Thus the result of our search should only
consists of doc, docx, and pdf files.

I'm using Nutch to crawling web pages and sending Nutch's data to Solr for
indexing. There is an approach to search on specific file types: Put the
file extension into my index and I have no idea about the type of schema
nutch uses when indexing into Solr, wether it creates a specific field for
file extension, and/or how we can modify the nutch indexer to create a
field like that for ourselves.

Re: How to serach on specific file types ?

Posted by lewis john mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
In addition to Markus' comments I would suggest that instead of getting your
users to search across specific fields, if you do not wish to store ANY html
documents then simply filter for this... This simplifies the process of
searching for your system users.

--
*Lewis*

Re: How to serach on specific file types ?

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
> I indexed my data by using index-more plugin and added my required field
> (like content_type) to schema.xml
> Now how can i search on pdf files (a kind of content_types) using this new
> index? what query should i enter to have a search on pdf files?

This is a Solr specific question and depends on your fieldType defined in Solr
for the content type field. Refer to the Solr manual or mailing list.

Posted by ahmad ajiloo <ah...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.