Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Manne Anliot <Ma...@framfab.se> on 2000/11/02 13:15:24 UTC

loadbalancing + sessions

Hi!

After reading through the archives I'm still without a clue how to solve
this:

The setup is one Apache on server A and two Tomcats on server A and B, all
running on NT4.
(server A: apache + tomcat, server B: tomcat only)

Loadbalancing works fine, except for no sticky sessions (à la get-/set
properties in my JSP:s).

How is the load balancing supposed to work anyway? By spreading the users
between the servers, and let them stay on their resp. server, or by load
balancing all users on all servers (sending/recieving session information
between the servers)?

- And yes, all cookies enabled in my web browser...

Any ideas on what's wrong?

Regards,
Manne Anliot, Sweden.