Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Ha...@amat.com on 2015/11/26 13:17:49 UTC

Information regarding Apache Flume

Hi,

We have requirement to log requests and generate report out for that for quality metrics and usage tracking. Our applications are customized using Java, C, C#, SharePoint/.Net form where user events will be captured to generate requests for logging.

I heard about tool - Apache Flume.

I have following questions :-

1.       Does it need any license? If yes, what's the cost?

2.       Can It be used from C, SharePoint/.net customized applications. In documentation, I saw reference to log4j i.e. java stuff but did not find anything for log4c, log4net.

Kindly clarify above questions.

Thanks & Regards,
Harjinder Singh
TC Collaboration Solution Design | GIS-PMT
Applied Materials, ITPL, Bangalore, INDIA
Mail_ID : Harjinder_singh@amat.com<ma...@amat.com>
Phone : +91 80 6628 3471

Re: Information regarding Apache Flume

Posted by Gonzalo Herreros <gh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

As any other Apache licensed project, it is open source and free to use.
To use it from C/.net I would use a standard protocol such as http.
Configure an http source in Flume and then you can use an http client in
any language.
Alternatively you can have C/.net generate local files and have a Flume
agent to pick them up and forward them to another Flume agent connected to
hdfs.

Regards,
Gonzalo