Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Steve Hay <St...@planit.com> on 2007/08/10 12:43:30 UTC

Building with Visual Studio 2005

Does anyone have a set of makefiles for building apache httpd 2.2.4 with
Visual Studio 2005 on Win32?

I just tried running

nmake /f Makefile.win INSTDIR=C:\apache2.2 installr

out of the box and I find that it all builds OK but the binaries didn't
get the manifest files embedded in them, so when I run, e.g. "httpd -h"
I get the (all too-familiar) popup error about the CRT DLL not being
found:

"This application has failed to start because MSVCR80.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

There is support in the libapr and libaprutil makefiles for embedding
manifest files, but not in any others. Is it too late to get changes to
the other makefiles into 2.2.5?

Re: Building with Visual Studio 2005

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.
AFAIK it should be fixed.  I know it's in the latest win32 apxs already
(which is not part of standard win32 httpd release), so I imagine it
should be in 2.2.5 too

  Issac

Posted by Jorge Schrauwen <jo...@gmail.com>.
Oh you're correct :) My memory didn't fail me then.

I'll be looking forward to it for when I get back from france :)

--
~Jorge

RE: Building with Visual Studio 2005

Posted by Steve Hay <St...@planit.com>.