Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org> on 2003/04/09 12:01:47 UTC

Feature Request - Javadoc linking to dependencies.

Hi,

Currently when building cross-linking javadocs you have to specify a property
such as

maven.javadoc.links = \
        http://avalon.apache.org/api/, \
        http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/api/ \

It is a bit of a PITA to do for all your dependencies. However I was thinking
that it may be possible to "mine" these links out of the dependencies - at
least in the case of reactor based builds.  Basically you get the ${pom.url}
and append "/apidocs" to get a list of all the URLs for javadoc linking. And
if a POMs are going to be uploaded/downloaded with dependencies (I assume you
are using them as a library descriptor in future?) then it could be automated
with all dependencies.

Thoughts?

--
Cheers,