Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "HA, Hai" <Ha...@reading.sema.slb.com> on 2002/11/05 12:26:44 UTC

PHP functionality

Hello experts,

I was wondering if anyone out there could provide me with some pointers
about how to integrate PHP code with Cocoon?  Specifically I have some XML
documents that are serialised to HTML pages but I would like to add PHP
functionality to enable data to be passed to and from a MySQL database and
inserted into the final HTML page.

If anyone could please give me some tips or ideas on how this might be done
I will be most grateful.

Regards,

Hai

SchlumbergerSema.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received
this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing,
or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

SchlumbergerSema Helpdesk by telephone on +44 (0) 121 627 5600.

Re: PHP functionality

Posted by Alexandru COSTIN <ac...@interakt.ro>.
	Hello,
	You should also try the Krysalis open source GPL publishing platform,
	http://www.interakt.ro/products/Krysalis/

						Alexandru

On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 13:26, HA, Hai wrote:
> Hello experts,
>
> I was wondering if anyone out there could provide me with some pointers
> about how to integrate PHP code with Cocoon?  Specifically I have some XML
> documents that are serialised to HTML pages but I would like to add PHP
> functionality to enable data to be passed to and from a MySQL database and
> inserted into the final HTML page.
>
> If anyone could please give me some tips or ideas on how this might be done
> I will be most grateful.
>
> Regards,
>
> Hai

> This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the
> individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are
> SchlumbergerSema.
> If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received
> this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing,
> or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.
>
> If you have received this email in error please notify the
> SchlumbergerSema Helpdesk by telephone on +44 (0) 121 627 5600.
Alexandru COSTIN
Chief Operating Officer
http://www.interakt.ro/
+4021 411 2610

AW: PHP functionality

Posted by Rimbert Rudisch <ri...@fh-hagenberg.at>.
Dear Hai,

there is a scripting language available for Cocoon,
namely XSP, where you can execute Java-Statements.
To access databases an alternative approach would be
to use a component as the SQL Transformer.

Greetings!
Rimbert