Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Manish Yadav <ma...@orkash.com> on 2011/03/16 08:23:08 UTC

c++ problem

please dont give me example of word count.i just want want a simple c++
program to run on hadoop.

Re: c++ problem

Posted by Harsh J <qw...@gmail.com>.
C++ programs run on any of the OS they're written for. Hadoop is to be
used as a platform to make these programs work as part of a Map/Reduce
application.

--
Harsh J
http://harshj.com

Re: c++ problem

Posted by Keith Wiley <kw...@keithwiley.com>.
Why don't you write up a typical Hello World in C++, then make that run as a mapper on Hadoop streaming (or pipes).  If you send the "Hello World" to cout (as opposed to cerr or a file or something like that) it will automatically be interpreted as Hadoop output.  Voila!  Your first C++ Hadoop program.

On Mar 16, 2011, at 12:23 AM, Manish Yadav wrote:

> please dont give me example of word count.i just want want a simple c++ program to run on hadoop.

"Yet mark his perfect self-contentment, and hence learn his lesson, that to be
self-contented is to be vile and ignorant, and that to aspire is better than to
be blindly and impotently happy."
                                           --  Edwin A. Abbott, Flatland