Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Chittaranjan Hota <ch...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/29 23:03:44 UTC

Mirror maker: New Producer error callback

Hi Contributors,
Not sure if any enhancement has been thought in this area.

File:
https://github.com/apache/kafka/blob/trunk/core/src/main/scala/kafka/producer/BaseProducer.scala
(Line 44)

Currently, in the mirror maker process all async Producer send calls have
ErrorLoggingCallback registered.
This means teams who would like to report the error in a different way
(send to monitoring systems, alerts, log the data locally etc etc ... )
cant do it unless source is changed.

For now, in the current usage(we use 0.8.2 in Prod) we are changing it to a
configurable value. Shall I open a JIRA?

Chitta