Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by abhayd <aj...@hotmail.com> on 2012/07/11 01:34:59 UTC

wrong results for phrase synonym

hi
i m using edismax, synonym expansion=true, synonym processing index time
only. Solr is from trunk
synonyms.txt
---------------
setup, set up
backup, back up

Problem is when we search for set up we get documents which have backup and
back up along with docs that match setup and set up.

We are using mm=100%.

I do not understand with mm as 100% why would this happen. Also what is the
solution for this issue?

abhay

Re: wrong results for phrase synonym

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
Try entering these terms in the Solr admin analyzer UI page as well as
adding &debugQuery=true to your queries and you will likely see what the
issues are.

A document containing setup will be indexed as if it was set and up as two
separate terms.

Also, there was a bug with mm in some releases, which you may be
encountering, so that a query for set up may match documents containing only
setup (since setup indexes as set followed by up due to the synonyms).

-- Jack Krupansky