Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Baldry, Scot M" <Sc...@gs.com> on 2001/08/10 12:15:53 UTC

CVS task

Hi,

I am trying to setup the CVS task in ANT and am a little confused about a
few things. When I add the following to my build.xml:

    <!-- Update the source in the current package -->
    <target name="update" description="Update the current package to
repository head">
      <cvs
cvsRoot=":pserver:baldrs@myserver.mycompany.com:/home/cvshome/CVSROOT"
           package="src/com/locate}"
           dest="."
      />
    </target>

I get the following error:

        at java.lang.Win32Process.create(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Win32Process.<init>(Win32Process.java:66)
        at java.lang.Runtime.execInternal(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:551)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Execute$Java13CommandLauncher.exec(Execute.jav
a:509)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Execute.execute(Execute.java:329)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Cvs.execute(Cvs.java:181)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.runTarget(Project.java:898)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:536)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:510)

I thought that ANT was a full blown CVS client (in the same way that jCVS is
a full client)? Do I need to have a regular UNIX/DOS cvs client installed to
use this ANT extension (I presume this is what the failed to create process
relates to).

Scot

Re: CVS task

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 10 Aug 2001, Scot M. Baldry <Sc...@gs.com> wrote:

> I thought that ANT was a full blown CVS client (in the same way that
> jCVS is a full client)?

No, it's just a thin layer over command line CVS.

> Do I need to have a regular UNIX/DOS cvs client installed to use
> this ANT extension

Yes.

Stefan