Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Rodrigo Werneck Silva <ro...@labhpardini.com.br> on 2002/02/27 16:57:40 UTC

mod_rewrite doesn't work

I am running apache v. 1.3.22 and can't get mod_rewrite to do its job at all.
Lines in httpd.conf in the outter server config section:
----------
RewriteEngine on
RewriteLog "/etc/httpd/logs/rewrite.log"
RewriteLogLevel 9
RewriteRule ^/cal/abc\.html$ /index.html
---------

If I try to access the URL http://the-server/cal/abc.html no translation occurs and I just receive a Not Found for the /cal/abc.html.
The log file above records nothing at all.

Any ideas?

Re: mod_rewrite doesn't work

Posted by Artiom Morozov <ar...@phreaker.net>.
change your RewriteRule with
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} ^/cal/abc\.html$
RewriteRule .+ /index.html [PT]

rtfm is probably a good answer here too =)

îÁ 2002.02.27 17:57 Rodrigo Werneck Silva ÎÁÐÉÓÁÌ: