Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/02 17:51:04 UTC

[DISCUSS] Implement protocol related components in Camel [WAS] Re: [Proposal] New components

Hi,

Another option is to implement such components in Apache Camel and
provide a way to easily wrap a camel component in a jbi component.
Such components are useful to users who only use Camel too, and it
would be a pity to duplicate the work.

Thoughts?
Hadrian

Re: [DISCUSS] Implement protocol related components in Camel [WAS] Re: [Proposal] New components

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
I think the path Gert, Guillaume anad James suggested to make Camel
endpoints well behaved citizens in SMX is the right thing to do.  I
think the lifecycle issue is solvable in camel.  Let's keep this
discussion going.
Hadrian

Posted by jb...@nanthrax.net.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Would be cool if SMX and Camel could share more components.

A bit silly when we invent the wheels twice. Also the documentation
part of the component would be easier.

--
Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/

Re: [DISCUSS] Implement protocol related components in Camel [WAS] Re: [Proposal] New components

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet