Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Yoke Power <yo...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/11 14:06:02 UTC

Barcode scanning in Management Apps

Hi Ofbiz Users,

Context: Has anyone done hands-free barcode scanning <for ProductId>
in Management apps <Order Manager, Catalog Manager>?

Approach: I do understand the above is supported out of the box in
POS; however I need the above support in Management Apps; I'm able to
extract the text from the scanner, I need some pointers or some sample
code for integrating them with the Management screens;

Highly Appreciate any pointers on this;

- Sakthi

--
Sent from my mobile device

Re: Barcode scanning in Management Apps

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 12:33 AM, Yoke Power <yo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> BJ - Appreciate your response; Barcode reader will decode to ProductId
> directly; May not need the product lookup after all; Did I
> misunderstand your response?
>
> - Sakthi

I think you will still need some javascript and ajax to lookup the
product (may be even add to card too)

Bilgin

Posted by Yoke Power <yo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Yes that's the better way to do it indeed, look at the technical documentation of your scanner

Jacques

From: "BJ Freeman" <bj...@free-man.net>

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Yoke Power <yo...@gmail.com>.