Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Mandeep Sarma <mu...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/05 21:13:08 UTC

websocket compatibility

 Hi;
I was wondering if anyone can confirm or suggest how I can confirm if
Apache Flex's websocket binary protocol is compatible with ActiveMQ
websocket Stomp protocol.

We're in the process of converting a Flex app and replacing the use of Red5
media server for bi-directional data updates with a Java on Tomcat backend.
We are considering using ActiveMQ to broker data between the UI and Java
backend. If Flex and ActiveMQ websocket protocols are compatible it would
make the transition easier.

Thank you,
Mandeep

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Re: websocket compatibility

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
The phrase "binary protocol" in the question makes me guess that the answer
will turn out to be that they are not compatible, since STOMP is an ASCII
text protocol.

Tim

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.