Posted to dev@whirr.apache.org by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/25 16:58:09 UTC

Update on 0.7.1

Hi team,

Just wanted to say that we are close to being able to release 0.7.1. The
main improvement is the ability to restart services. This feature can be
used as an workaround for transient failures (due to lack of coordination
on service start).

Here you can find the updated roadmap:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WHIRR?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Aroadmap-panel

I am going to look into updating the Hadoop scripts to support start / stop
/ cleanup.

Any volunteer for HBase? Akash? Karel?

Cheers,

-- Andrei Savu / andreisavu.ro

Re: Update on 0.7.1

Posted by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 4:27 AM, Lars George <la...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for keeping this moving. What do you need from the HBase side? Is there a JIRA for it?

This is the issue we are looking at:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WHIRR-295

Akash is currently working on this. Maybe you can coordinate? (I know
we need to update the
scripts both for Apache Hadoop & CDH HBase).

PS: Sorry for replying so late.

-- Andrei

Re: Update on 0.7.1

Posted by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 9:32 AM, Akash Ashok <th...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've started working on Whirr-295 for HBase and will continue to do so
> today. Will keep you posted. on this

Great!

Re: Update on 0.7.1

Posted by Akash Ashok <th...@gmail.com>.
I've started working on Whirr-295 for HBase and will continue to do so
today. Will keep you posted. on this

Cheers,
Akash A

Re: Update on 0.7.1