Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Dave Walling <dl...@us.ibm.com> on 2014/08/15 15:23:32 UTC

certificate error when using the CMIS Workbench

I was told you might be able to help with the following problem.  Thanks
for any suggestions and let me know if you need any more detail to help
identify the source of this problem.

When using the CMIS Workbench to connect to one of our repositories, I am
getting the following certificate error:

On the same machine I am able to connect to the same repository through
Java code running on a local Websphere server.  For that, I added the
appropriate certificate from our repository server to the WebSphere server
environment and I get no errors.

Thinking that a similar type of action could solve the Workbench issue I
have tried the following things:

Adding this to the Java control panel "exception site list" on my machine,
but that also did not help.

I added it to this row in the workbench.sh file which also did not make
any difference:

JAVA_OPTS="-Dcmis.workbench.url=http://localhost:8081/inmemory/atom
-Dcmis.workbench.user=test -Dcmis.workbench.binding=atompub
-Dcmis.workbench.acceptSelfSignedCertificates=true
-Djava.net.useSystemProxies=true "

As far as the JVM that is being used, the code that runs successfully does
run under a different JVM than the Workbench uses:

for the workbench I see this:

com.ibm.system.agent.path = c:\Program Files\IBM\SDP\jdk\jre\bin
com.ibm.vm.bitmode = 64

For my code, which is running in my local websphere environment I have
this:

C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP\runtimes\base_v7

So that tells me they are not the same which is what I would have
expected.

Regards,

David L. (Dave) Walling
C F 0 1 0 1 3 0 - Senior Application Programmer, Global Automation and
Productivity

Phone: 1-720-395-9755 | Mobile: 1-301-573-3943
E-mail: dlwalli@us.ibm.com
6710 Rockledge Dr
Bethesda, MD 20817-1827
United States

Re: certificate error when using the CMIS Workbench

Posted by Dave Walling <dl...@us.ibm.com>.
Thanks for the information and the updated code.

Just to clarify - the values that I showed you are just the defaults and I
override the repository host name on the login screen.

I'll try building the new workbench from the updated code.

From:   Florian Müller <fm...@apache.org>
To:     Dave Walling/Bethesda/IBM@IBMUS, dev <de...@chemistry.apache.org>
Cc:     Marc P Laarhoven <ma...@nl.ibm.com>, Jay Brown/Costa
Mesa/IBM@IBMUS
Date:   08/15/2014 11:54 AM
Subject:        Re: certificate error when using the CMIS Workbench

Hi David,

You are connecting to localhost and this host name does not match the host
name
in your certificate.
Can you connect to the repository with the host name in your certificate?

Or you get the latest Workbench code from the OpenCMIS trunk and compile
it. I
just removed the host name check if the acceptSelfSignedCertificates
parameter
is set.

- Florian

Posted by Florian Müller <fm...@apache.org>.