Posted to dev@groovy.apache.org by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au> on 2019/05/06 13:08:16 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.4.17

Dear development community,

I am happy to start the VOTE thread for a Groovy 2.4.17 release!

This release includes 4 bug fixes/improvements as outlined in the changelog:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12318123&version=12345028

Tag:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=groovy.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/GROOVY_2_4_17
Tag commit id: edcd6c4435138733668cd75ac0d3342efb39dc05

The artifacts to be voted on are located as follows (r33919).
Source release: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/groovy/2.4.17/sources
Convenience binaries:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/groovy/2.4.17/distribution

Release artifacts are signed with a key from the following file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/groovy/KEYS

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Groovy 2.4.17.

Reminder on ASF release approval requirements for PMC members:
http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#release-approval
Hints on validating checksums/signatures (but replace md5sum with
sha256sum):
https://www.apache.org/info/verification.html

The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least
three +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release Apache Groovy 2.4.17
[ ]  0 I don't have a strong opinion about this, but I assume it's ok
[ ] -1 Do not release Apache Groovy 2.4.17 because...

Here is my vote:

+1 (binding)

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.4.17

Posted by Guillaume Laforge <gl...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

All tests ran fine on my machine, and my usual smoke tests in the Groovy
console went fine as well.

Guillaume

--
Guillaume Laforge
Apache Groovy committer

Blog: http://glaforge.appspot.com/
Twitter: @glaforge <http://twitter.com/glaforge>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.4.17

Posted by Andres Almiray <aa...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Building from source looks good -> https://gradle.com/s/opryaeza4evx2

Cheers,
Andres

Java Champion; Groovy Enthusiast
JCP EC Associate Seat
http://andresalmiray.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/aalmiray
those who don't.

Posted by Andres Almiray <aa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Paul,

The release notes is missing all the minor updates to AST transformations

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-9050
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-9051
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-9052
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-9053
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-9054

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.4.17

Posted by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>.
The vote has passed with 4 +1 binding votes and no other votes. I'll
proceed with next steps.

Cheers, Paul.

Posted by Daniel Sun <su...@apache.org>.

On 2019/05/06 13:08:16, Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au> wrote:
> Dear development community,
>
> I am happy to start the VOTE thread for a Groovy 2.4.17 release!
>
> This release includes 4 bug fixes/improvements as outlined in the changelog:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12318123&version=12345028
>
> Tag:
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=groovy.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/GROOVY_2_4_17
> Tag commit id: edcd6c4435138733668cd75ac0d3342efb39dc05
>
> The artifacts to be voted on are located as follows (r33919).
> Source release: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/groovy/2.4.17/sources
> Convenience binaries:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/groovy/2.4.17/distribution
>
> Release artifacts are signed with a key from the following file:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/groovy/KEYS
>
> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Groovy 2.4.17.
>
> Reminder on ASF release approval requirements for PMC members:
> http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#release-approval
> Hints on validating checksums/signatures (but replace md5sum with
> sha256sum):
> https://www.apache.org/info/verification.html
>
> The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least
> three +1 PMC votes are cast.
>
> [ ] +1 Release Apache Groovy 2.4.17
> [ ]  0 I don't have a strong opinion about this, but I assume it's ok
> [ ] -1 Do not release Apache Groovy 2.4.17 because...
>
> Here is my vote:
>
> +1 (binding)

+1 (binding)

Here is the result of build scan:
https://scans.gradle.com/s/j72ywyaymcvri

There is a failed test because of locale, but I think it is still OK to release.

Cheers,
Daniel.Sun

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.4.17

Posted by Jan Lukavský <je...@seznam.cz>.
Hi Paul,

understood, thanks.

Jan

Posted by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>.

Posted by Jan Lukavský <je...@seznam.cz>.
Thanks Andres,

Posted by Andres Almiray <aa...@gmail.com>.
Jan,

Posted by Jan Lukavský <je...@seznam.cz>.
Hi,

Posted by "Daniel.Sun" <su...@apache.org>.
As far as I remember, the locale issue has been fixed in master(See
"-Duser.language=en") and run well on my local machine:
https://github.com/apache/groovy/blob/master/gradle/test.gradle#L24

But the related fix is not merged into 2.4 branch.

Here is the JIRA ticket: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-9107
And here is the fix:
https://github.com/apache/groovy/commit/108c23e253f8f82e21fe75daec5b608b456513b1

Cheers,