Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Kevin Burton <bu...@spinn3r.com> on 2014/05/24 02:24:44 UTC

The documentation for permissions of ./bin/container-executor should be more clear.

This just bit me… spent half a day figuring it out!   :-(

The only way I was able to debug it was with

./bin/container-executor --checksetup

Once that stopped complaining my jobs were working ok.

this shouldn't have taken that much time… initial setup documentation could
be seriously improved.

another recommendation, provide template files.

--

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*