Posted to user@struts.apache.org by stanlick <st...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/09 21:02:38 UTC

Struts 2 Plug-in and JSP 404

I am working on a plug-in that needs to display a JSP.  I have the plug-in
packaged with the following struts-plugin.xml, however, rather than the
/pages/config.jsp page appearing, I get a 404! The folder "pages" is in the
root of my config-plugin.jar file and I have changed the result by both
including and omitting the leading slash and I get a 404 either way.  My
action is returning SUCCESS as verified through the debugger.  Does anyone
see anything glaringly wrong?

<struts>
	<package name="config" namespace="/config" extends="struts-default">
		<action name="maintainConfig_*"
			class="com.erac.wsf.action.ConfigAction" method="{1}">
			<result>/pages/config.jsp</result>
			<result name="error">/pages/config.jsp</result>
		</action>
	</package>
</struts>

Peace,
Scott

Re: Struts 2 Plug-in and JSP 404

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
yes, it is intentionally not documented as we don't want people to
experiment with it much, but xwork will sort the plugins according to
the "order" attribute, the default is Integer.MAX_VALUE.

musachy

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.
Yeah, I can't remember when it was added, but the 'struts' element in
struts-plugin.xml can take an attribute called 'order'

Take a look at the osgi and convention plugin, they are the only two
using it... But, I think they were the problem before, OSGi needed to
be loaded before convention for the two to work together properly.

-Wes

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 11:16 AM, Dale Newfield<da...@newfield.org> wrote:
> Musachy Barroso wrote:
>>
>> You might want to take a look at this:
>>
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/S2PLUGINS/Embedded+JSP+Plugin
>>
>> fresh from the oven, early adopters wanted ;)
>
> Did we ever come up with a way to order the loading of plugins so that
> interdependencies can be properly resolved?  I.E.:  Can one write a plugin
> that uses the capabilities of this plugin and ensure that it will be loaded
> only after the dependency?
>
> -Dale

Wes Wannemacher

Head Engineer, WanTii, Inc.
Ask me for a quote!

Re: Struts 2 Plug-in and JSP 404

Posted by Dale Newfield <da...@newfield.org>.

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by stanlick <st...@gmail.com>.

DNewfield wrote:

> stanlick wrote:
>> However, for a plug-in to be a drop-n-go deal, I sort of think the goods
>> should all be in the plug-in jar itself?  Make sense?
>
> Agreed, but I believe I've been told that can't be done with jsp
> templates.  This is why plugins that I've seen have been implemented in
> freemarker.
>
>> I was looking at this
>> article, and it appears this cat has a JSP working in his plug-in?
>>
>> http://www.struts2.org/category/struts2-plugins/
>
> I downloaded that zip, and looked inside the .jars:  no .jsps.
>
>> The reason for this plug-in is to eliminate a couple pages of
>> configuration
>> steps for the adopter of my application.  I'd rather not say just drop
>> the
>> plug-in in your WEB-INF/lib folder and then copy JSP files here...
>
> I'm simply reporting hear-say here, but I believe you've already hit the
> roadblock that'll prevent you from getting farther w/o using a different
> template engine.
>
> -Dale

Re: Struts 2 Plug-in and JSP 404

Posted by mu...@aol.com.
 JSP tags wont't funtion inside jars -- the "JSP"s you might have spotted in jars are probably using Freemarker tags which will work in jars.
Chris

?

For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@struts.apache.org?
?

Re: Struts 2 Plug-in and JSP 404

Posted by stanlick <st...@gmail.com>.
Please tell me it isn't the little woman that has you talking all crazy bro!

P.S. You failed to mention the option about just writing the response with
print statements from the action!

Peace,
Scott

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dale Newfield <da...@newfield.org>.

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
It is a limitation on the JSP API, you can't embed them. You will have
to use FreeMarker or Velocity or any other decent template lib.

musachy

Posted by stanlick <st...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Dale --

Posted by Dale Newfield <da...@newfield.org>.