Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by "Mikkel R. Jakobsen" <mr...@interflow.dk> on 2002/05/02 16:58:11 UTC

Move of Xindice to latest Xalan version?

Hello list members.

I'm new here, so first of all, I want to say hello to everyone here!

My first question: Are there any concrete plans for moving Xindice to the
latest Xalan-release?

I'm in a terrible jam. I am experiencing the same problems as many others in
regards to running Xindice successfully on JDK1.4. My headache is that I am
using Forte for Java EAP (release 4.0) and it won't start up when copying
the "old" version of Xalan from the Xindice-distribution in the
jre/lib/endorsed-directory. Forte simply hangs in the start-up process.

Has anyone found a solution to this?

Something completely different: I can't seem to find a development schedule
or plan for Xindice. It would of course be nice to have some ballpark
estimates of when to expect the first (partial) implementation of XQuery in
Xindice. Anyone know of suck a plan document being maintained, or a direct
feed from the developers minds? :)

Kind regards,

Mikkel R. Jakobsen -- mrj@interflow.dk
Interflow -- http://www.interflow.dk