Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by we...@tigris.org on 2009/05/13 20:58:22 UTC

Can't update data

I have SVN tortoise on 5 computers and 4 work just fine but one does not.  The one that doesn't work will only commit but it cannot update any data.  I've gotten 2 different error messages at times.  The latest error message is this:

REPORT of '/svn/GKDataTake4/!svn/vcc/default': Could not send request body: An
established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
 (https://69.178.238.226:8443)

The other message I would receive is:

Commit failed (details follow):
Server sent unexpected return value (405 Method Not Allowed) in response to
MKCOL request for '/svn/GKDataTake4/!svn/wrk/c349baa3-fa4b-da4d-b521-1de772a2784e/James%20Arnold/Hagel%2036/HA36E2/2003'

If anyone can help me out that would be great.  I know a little bit about computers but not much and I am clueless with this sort of stuff.

I have windows XP on all the computers.

Thanks
Kim

RE: Can't update data

Posted by Bob Archer <bo...@amsi.com>.
> I have SVN tortoise on 5 computers and 4 work just fine but one does not.
> The one that doesn't work will only commit but it cannot update any data.
> I've gotten 2 different error messages at times.  The latest error message
> is this:
>
> REPORT of '/svn/GKDataTake4/!svn/vcc/default': Could not send request
> body: An
> established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
>  (https://69.178.238.226:8443)

You probably should post this on the tortoise mail list for better help. But, my quick thoughts would be that you need to compare the PC that isn't working to those that are. Are you running any type of virus software, firewall or other security software that might be interfering?

BOb

Re: Can't update data

Posted by Kim Backstrom <ki...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your help.  How do I find out if I have a faulty firewall or
misbehaving network drivers?  Is there a test that I can run.  Any help will
be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Kim

Re: Can't update data