Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by zaza <za...@tlen.pl> on 2005/02/24 00:37:36 UTC

Opensource Mobile SVGViewer

Hello,

Does anyone know any free/opensource svgviewer for mobile devices?

If not, what will be your suggestion for writing one? Furthermore I
would like to specialize this viewer to display GUI's written in SVG, so
I will need to use something for all kind of controls.
What should I use to achive that:
	* Swing's controls?
	* write my own in SVG+JScript and add JScript parser to my viewer?
	* someone suggested me to take a look at sXBL/RCC

Or maybe you've got completly diffrent ideas for writing mobile client
that will support GUIs generated from XML?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Tomasz

PS. I'm representing a small team of students. I won't write it alone :)

Re: Opensource Mobile SVGViewer

Posted by Nuno Faria <na...@alfarrabio.di.uminho.pt>.
Try OpenSVGViewer at sourceforge.

http://opensvgviewer.sf.net/

zaza wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know any free/opensource svgviewer for mobile devices?
>
> If not, what will be your suggestion for writing one? Furthermore I
> would like to specialize this viewer to display GUI's written in SVG,
> so I will need to use something for all kind of controls.
> What should I use to achive that:
>     * Swing's controls?
>     * write my own in SVG+JScript and add JScript parser to my viewer?
>     * someone suggested me to take a look at sXBL/RCC
>
> Or maybe you've got completly diffrent ideas for writing mobile client
> that will support GUIs generated from XML?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Tomasz
>
> PS. I'm representing a small team of students. I won't write it alone :)

Nuno André de Sampaio Faria
Laboratório SIG (1.05)
Dep. Informática, Universidade do Minho
4710-057 Gualtar, Braga
Portugal

Tel: +351 253 604457

Web: http://www.nasf.cjb.net/

Re: Opensource Mobile SVGViewer

Posted by Tobias Dahinden <da...@karto.baug.ethz.ch>.
In fact: I have one.

(See e.g. http://www.svgopen.com/2004/papers/svg04viewer/ and
http://www.ika.ethz.ch/td/gps/ika_viewer.html ).
The license is a lesser GPL, but we may change it to another license.
Unfortunately I don't have time to make further developements now. So if
you are interested, we could make something like a batik-tiny viewer.

Regards
Tobias Dahinden

--
Tobias Dahinden